Category Non-vegetarian snack
Region North India
Served Hot with sliced spring onions as garnishing
Cooking Time Three hours for marinating and then 8-10 minutes
Here is a recipe for Sheesh Kabab. However, we are going to twist the ingredients a little to accomplish the Abs diet. Who said that Indian food is not keeping up with the latest trends? Here we will be replacing lamb with lean turkey, and regular yogurt with low fat yogurt. In addition to this, we will include two units of Abs diet power 12 as well.
1 pound of lean ground turkey breast
1 tsp meat tenderizer
¼ bunch of cilantro
1 onion, chopped
2 green chilies, chopped
5 tsp of low fat yogurt
A piece of ginger
1 garlic clove
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground allspice
1 tsp garam masala (a mixture of multiple Indian aromatic spices available at any Indian store)
- Mix the turkey and the meat tenderizer. Let the mixture stand for 3 hours.
- Put the broiler on medium heat. Mix cilantro, onion, and green chilies in a mixing bowl.
- Mix low fat yogurt, ginger, garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, chili powder, allspice, and garam masala in a separate bowl. Blend with the onion mixture.
- Add the combined mixture to the turkey and mix it all together. Make 10-12 equal portions and roll these two at a time on each metal skewer.
- Broil the kababs on a hot broiler, turning them occasionally and brushing them with oil. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle chili powder over the kababs and garnish with sliced spring onions.
- It is a good idea to allow the turkey to remain in the marinade for more than 3 hours. Overnight marinating could result in some really tasty Sheesh Kababs.