Kadhi is famous gravy having a salty, sour and spicy taste. What makes kadhi different from other gravies is that it is made by using gram flour. There are many variations of kadhi cooked in Indian home but the most famous one is the Sindhi style. Sindhi kadhi contains in it a lot of nutritious vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, beans and peas which do not make this dish tasty but healthy as well. Kadhi is especially made in the rainy season. So, try the following delicious recipe of Sindhi kadhi and get compliments from your family.
- Salt as much required
- One teaspoon of red chilli powder (laal mirch powder)
- Quarter teaspoon of turmeric (haldi)
- Five to seven curry leaves (kurry patta)
- One tablespoon of ginger (finely grated)
- Five tablespoons of besan (Bengal gram flour)
- Quarter teaspoon of heeng (asafetida)
- Half teaspoon of meethi dana (fenugreek seeds)
- Half teaspoon of jeera (cumin seeds)
- One tablespoon imli gooda (tamarind pulp)
- 250 grams of bhindi (lady finger)
- Two medium sized potatoes
- Two medium sized carrots
- Quarter cup of gavar phalli (cluster beans)
- Quarter cup of oil
Cut the potatoes and carrots in cube shape and lady fingers in length and boil gavar phalli and others individually except lady finger. In the hot oil, fry cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds till they start cracking and an aroma arises. Then add besan and fry it until it starts transforming into golden brown color. Add four to five cups of water, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, curry leaves, ginger, heeng and imli gooda and let it come to boiling point. Lastly add all the vegetables and let it cook on low flame. When bhindi gets tender and liquid turns to thick gravy then it means that sindhi kadhi is ready.
Chutney to compliment with Sindhi kadhi:
- Two tablespoons of Red chilli flakes (kuti laal mirch)
- Two tablespoons of white vinegar (safed sirka)
Mix vinegar in red chilli flakes. It must be liquidly so you can add more vinegar according to the consistency.
Serve Sindhi kadhi hot with white boiled rice, pickle and chutney.