It is highly nutritious food with good number of calories. It is very cheap recipe with few numbers of ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen or even if you want to buy it, you can get all these things from your nearby food store. It is not difficult to prepare however it demands skill and mastery while giving the particular shape to chakli. It is difficult to maintain its shape if you are a beginner however with great practice you do not find any problem to do it.
- Rice flour (two cups, finely ground)
- Asafoetida (quarter or half teaspoon)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Butter (melted, two teaspoon)
- Urad pulse flour (two teaspoons, finely ground)
- Take a big bowl and combine together all the constituents.
- Drop water with one hand and knead the flour with other hand to get hard dough.
- To prepare Chakli, you will have to use maker and you can use different plates like you have a choice to use three star plates or one star plate.
- Suppose, if you choose one star plate, you should fix it in the maker. Cover the counter with some wet cloth. You can also use oil smeared plastic sheet. Put the little quantity of dough inside the marker with narrow hole.
- You need the mould to press that dough so put it using the hole on top.
- When you force the dough on cloth or plastic paper, you will find that its shape has become like a star. If you rotate your maker, you will get nice round shape of dough that you need.
- Maker provides you chance to make as many coils as you can.
- Take a saucepan and heat oil. Lift up the shaped dough from greased paper and put into the oil. You need to be little bit dexterous while dropping the dough to maintain its shape. If you are a beginner, you may abolish its shape. However, there is nothing to be worried about as it demands practice and you will surely gain skill with practice.
- In the very start, you should go for one star however gradually you can try with three or even five star. After practice, hopefully you will go through it.
- Deep-fry these coils till they become of golden brown color. Take them out on paper towel so that the extra oil is absorbed.
- Serve this dish with hot tea.