The addition of different vegetables in a single dish makes this recipe highly nutritious. It is very tasty dish with exotic aroma. There are many spices used in this recipe that makes this dish very spicy and mouthwatering. No food lover can say no to this dish.
One serving of pulao recipe carries 6060 calories with 3232 fat calories. It has also Total Carbohydrates 6.0g6.0 2%2, Saturated Fat 0.5g0.5 3%3, Sodium 810mg810 34%34, Dietary Fiber 2.0g2.0 8%8, Protein 1.0g1.0, Total Fat 3.5g3.5 5%5, Sugars 2.0g2.0, Iron 10%10, Vitamin A 0%0, Calcium 6%6 and Vitamin C 0%0. All together this recipe is based on 2000 calorie diet.
There is a long list of ingredients of Veg pulao recipe however you should not be worried about it as these spices are all the time present in your kitchen.
- Basmati rice (four cups)
- Green peas (50 grams)
- Coconut milk (three cups)
- Beans (100 grams)
- Carrot (100 grams)
- Coriander leaves (one cup)
- Potato (medium sized, one in number)
- Mint leaves (half cup)
- Water (three cups)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Green chilies (8 -10 in number)
- Lemon juice (two tablespoons)
- Ginger-Garlic paste (two teaspoon)
- Cardamom (two in number)
- Bay leaf (10 in number)
- Fennel seeds(A pinch)
- Black cumin seeds(one teaspoon)
- Oil and ghee together (quarter cup)
- Mace flower (three in number)
- Cloves (ten in number)
- Onion (medium sized, one in number)
- Cinnamon (two inch piece)
- Garam masala (powdered, one teaspoon)
- Rinse all the vegetables and let them become dry.
- Cut beans, potatoes and carrots in small cubes and put the bowl in which you cut them aside. Do not cut green chilies rather slit them only form the central.
- Take quarter cup of mint and half cup of coriander leaves, drudge them and form a fine paste. Put their blend into some small bowl.
- Take the mentioned quantity of mace flower, saunf, cinnamon, shazeera, cardamom, cloves, mint leaves, and season them in pressure pan.
- Add sliced onion in these spices and fry them for few seconds.
- As the onion is fried, add all the chopped vegetables and fry them for 5-6 minutes.
- After five minutes, add also the coriander-mint and garlic-ginger paste. Mix the entire mixture with ladle for half minute.
- Drain the soaked rice and add into vegetable mixture to sauté it for two minutes. Keep on stirring the rice so they are not burnt while sautéing them.
- Now, add garam masala powder, water, lemon juice, milk and salt in it and put the lid over it again. If you are cooking in pressure cooker, do not take much time rather off the stove after its two whistles.
- Chop coriander leaves and garnish the rice with it.