- Almonds – 1 cup blanched and ground to a fine paste
- Fattened milk- 2 ltrs
- Khoya – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamoms – 1 tblsp
- Raisins – 1 tblsp
- Pistachios – 1 tsp
- Rose essence – 8-10 drops
- Saffron – a pinch
1. Boil half a liter of water and throw in the Almonds. Boil for 2 minutes and cool.
2. Peel the skin off the almonds
3. Grind to a fine paste
Method to prepare the Kheer:
1. Boil milk in a heavy bottomed saucepan until it turns thick.
2. While half way into boil put in the almond paste.
3. Add sugar, stir continuously until the sugar is fully dissolved.
4. Remove the saucepan from flame and allow it to cool.
5. Garnish with broken pieces of pistachios, raisins, rose essence ,saffron
6. Edible silver foil can also be put for added effect.