Punjabi Kheer is a very delicious desert made using basmati rice. It is a very traditional dish in India. Want to make it, then follow the following recipe which is very easy to make.
• Basmati Rice - ½ cup
• Sugar -10 tbsp.
• Few stands of saffron
• Milk- 6 cups
• Ghee – 1 tsp.
• Water – 1 cup
• Raisins – 1 tsp.
• Cardamom Powder -1 tsp.
• Cashew Nut( sliced thinly) – ½ cup
• In a vessel take milk and boil it, by reducing the flame.
• At the same time, wash the basmati rice very well and marinate in water for nearly 30 minutes.
• In a pan, pour some ghee and fry the basmati rice for few minutes.
• Then add the basmati rice in to the milk, which is boiling.
• Water can be added if required, once the basmati rice is cooked half.
• Break the cashew nut in to pieces and keep it ready.
• With the cooked basmati rice, add sugar and cashew nut pieces and mix it.
• See that the sugar is dissolved well.
• Continuously without leaving stir, it until it gets boiled.
• Then take some saffron strands and mix it in a little milk.
• After that, add that saffron mixture to the cooked basmati rice mixture.
• Also, add the cardamom powder and raisins to the basmati rice mixture.
• Then blend it well.
• Now the Punjabi Kheer is ready to serve.
• Remove the Punjabi Kheer from heat.
• Either you can serve it warm or by keeping that in the fridge for some time, you can also serve it cold.