Microwave Bhindi or Microwave Okra
If you want to have a delicious vegetarian Indian dish but do not have a lot of time to spare, then this Microwave Bhindi recipe is something that you should try. Microwave Bhindi or Microwave Okra is a quick dish that you can make that is delicious, filling and nutritious.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
500 grams bhindi or okra
2 green chilli peppers
2 teaspoons oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1. Wash the okra or bhindi and wipe them dry.
2. Make vertical slits in the okra and set aside.
3. Slice and mash the onions into a paste. do the same with the tomatoes and the green chilli peppers. Set aside.
4. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a microwave-safe bowl at 100% power for about 30 seconds.
5. Add in the onion paste, tomato paste, chilli paste, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder and salt. Microwave for three minutes at 100% power. Stir occasionally.
6. Allow the mixture to cool and stuff it into each slit okra.
7. In another bowl that is also microwave-safe, heat another teaspoon of oil at 100% power for about 30 seconds.
8. Add the stuffed okra in the bowl, cover it and microwave for another four to five minutes, still at 100% power.
9. Allow the cooked okra to stand for five minutes.
10. Serve hot with paranthas or roti.