It is spicy food and especially the garlic ginger paste enhances the spicy flavor of the dish. The use of milk and cream makes your paneer Makhani tastier and if by mistake you add more chilli, it neutralizes its effect. Paneer itself is salty so you should not add more salt, and it's also good if you taste the salty flavor of paneer before adding table salt.
Paneer Makhani's ingredients like milk, paneer and cream make this dish of high calorie, and the same ingredients make it healthy food. You can relish it in the restaurant as well as at home. You should try this recipe at home as it is quite easy to follow.
- Paneer/tofu [2 cups of cubes]
- Garlic-ginger paste [1 tablespoon]
- Chopped Onion [1 medium-sized]
- Red chilli powder [1 teaspoon]
- Salt [according to taste]
- Garam masala [1 teaspoon]
- Dried fenugreek leaves [1 pinch]
- Tomato paste [1 tablespoon]
- Tomato sauce [almost 1 tablespoon]
- Oil [3 tablespoon]
- Milk [half cup]
- Cream [1 cup]
- Coriander powder [1 tablespoon]
- Take a pan and heat two table spoons of oil, sauté paneer cubes till they turn brown, and then drain them out in some bowl. The heat under your pan should be slow while you are sautéing paneer or else it will burn and turn into black color instead of brown.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to sauté onions. Fry them till they become of brown color.
- After onions, add garlic ginger paste, sauté them for one minute and add salt, garam masala, dhania and chilli powder and fry for 30-35 seconds.
- Pour tomato sauce, tomato paste and kasuri methi. Stir well and pour milk in it. Constant ladle stirring helps your masala not to stick with the bottom of cooking pot.
- Slow down the flame and cover the pot with a lid for 5-6 minutes.
- After five minutes, uncover the cooking pot, slow down the flame and add cream and paneer. Stir it to mix well and leave it on the stove for 5minutes.
- Chop fresh coriander leaves or separate the leaves from their stalks, and use these leaves for garnishing.
- Serve your Paneer Makhani with rice, rotis or pulao to your guests or enjoy it with your family.