Mutter paneer is the combination of low and high calories as mutter is low calorie food but paneer is very high calorie food. The strange combination of paneer with mutter makes this dish highly nutritious. Its presentation and garnishing make it more scrumptious.
Mutter and paneer both the main ingredients have medical importance that regulate the malfunctioning of your body system. Pea helps in weight lose, works effectively in constipation for having dietary fiber, reduces the cholesterol level, supports immune system, lessens macular degeneration, facilitates metabolism, maintains and improves the health of your bones, enhances cardiovascular health and above all help the cancer patients.
While the consumption of cheese helps the plagued teeth, gives immense amount of phosphorous and calcium and the combination of milk and cheese strengthens the enamel of teeth.
- Paneer [500 grams cubed]
- Garam masala[2 tablespoons]
- Shelled peas[200 grams]
- Large onions
- Tomatoes[3 medium]
- Turmeric powder[one and a half tablespoon]
- Ginger paste[1 tablespoon]
- Coriander powder[2 tablespoons]
- Salt [according to taste]
- Water[one and a half cup]
- Thickened cream[3 tablespoons]
- Cumin powder[1 teaspoon]
- Green chillies chopped fine
- Oil[6 tablespoons]
- Coriander leaves [chopped to garnish]
- The preparation method of mutter paneer is quite easy and you can make it at home your self. Mutter paneer is cooked through different methods but this recipe is more delicious so try it and enjoy it.
- Make the fine paste of chopped onions in grinding machine and put it aside.
- Grind diced tomatoes also in grinding machine and take it out in separate bowl. You should not mix up both the pastes of onion and tomato.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoon oil in frying pan, heat it and add paneer cubes. Stir them constantly till they turn brown. Paneer will become liquid and you are to drain it on paper towel. The stove flame must be very light or else instead of turning brown, it may turn black that will give bad burning smell in the dish.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of oil in the same frying pan and fry the grounded onion till it browns.
- After onion, add garlic, tomato and ginger paste and sauté them for 2 minutes. Then add turmeric, garam masala, coriander, green chilies, coriander and sauté. Keep on stirring the ladle till sauce leaves the oil and becomes visible.
- Put peas into this sauce and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Now add water, paneer, salt and slow down the stove and wait till gravy becomes thick.
- When the gravy is ready, turn off the stove, add cream and stir it well.