It is best food for those who want to reduce their weight as it is very light food with low calories. This healthy snack is liked by the people of every age group. It can be cooked in various ways but the recipe that is being shared with you is more tasty, nutritious, energy giving and appetizing. Try it and enjoy the healthy snack in the morning.
The recipe of semiya upma is very easy that takes only 20 minutes cooking time. The quantity of ingredients that are mentioned here are sufficient only for five persons, but if you want to prepare semiya upma for more people, you can increase the quantity of ingredients in proportion accordingly.
- Vermicilli [2cups]
- One large onion[sliced]
- One ginger[ chopped]
- Green Chilies[3 to 4 slit]
- Fresh coriander leaves[ chopped]
- One large tomato[ finely chopped]
- Table salt
- Butter[one teaspoon]
- Oil[ one tablespoon]
- Curry leave[12-15]
- Mustard seeds[one teaspoon]
- Cinnamon stick[ half]
- Black gram[half tablespoon]
- The preparation method of Semiya Upma is very easy, just follow these steps and cook appealing snack.
- Take deep sauce pan and pour one teaspoon of ghee or butter, add vermicelli, roast them till they turn brown and you inhale the smell of roasted vermicelli.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil, quarter teaspoon salt and vermicelli into 4 cups of boiling water. Turn off the stove as the vermicelli is cooked; drain vermicelli water through colander and pour the cold water over it.
- Take separate cooking pot, heat oil in it and splutter the mustard seeds in it. Now add curry leaves, black gram, cinnamon stick, and fry it till it is brown and gives appetizing aroma.
- Add green chilies, ginger sliced onions, and fry for 2-3 minutes. When they are sauté, add chopped tomatoes and leave them for 4 minutes on medium heat. You add salt at the time of boiling so put the salt accordingly.
- Put semiya into this paste and stir lightly so that vermicelli is not broken. Sprinkle one teaspoon of ghee over the cooked semiya upma to keep the sticks of vermicelli separate.
- Your delicious semiya upma is ready, pour it into dish, garnish it with the leaves of coriander and serve it with pickle or chutney.
For thick vermicelli use 2 cups of water but for thin ones use one and half cup of water.
Roasted vermicelli also need less water. You can also cook unroasted vermicelli but add more water for them than roasted vermicelli.