Myth about saunf
The myth related to saunf is very interesting. In ancient times, people had a strong belief in witches and witchcraft. The witches were considered responsible for every disaster and catastrophe. They used to suspect their neighbours involved in witchcraft so to protect their family member and home from the mischief of witches, they put the stalks of saunf over the roofs of their houses.
Medical Importance of saunf
Saunf is widely used in various foods and cuisines of different cultures. It is also used in medicines because it is blessed with many curing properties. It does not have any side effect so you can take it without any doubt. It has following uses.
- If you are suffering from bad breath, you should chew one spoon of saunf after each meal. It is best breath freshener.
- Boil saunf in water and give this liquid to the babies who are suffering from colic.
- It regulates the menstrual irregularities.
- Add few seeds of saunf in your tea. It will console your indigestion and constipation.
- Saunf is good for the motivation of breast milk.
- Its infusion is an effective eye wash.
- Saunf's oil is used to give pleasant smell to soap.
- It is also used to keep away the fleas and to neutralize the poison of snake.