Mirchi Ka Salan is one of those best recipes in which chilies are used as a major ingredient. It has very interesting recipe that is very easy to follow with matchless taste. It may not be relished by those who like very low quantity of chili powder in their food. However, you can say that it is the choice of adventurous people with highly pungent and sharp chili taste.
Usually, it is thought that all those ingredients that are pleasant in taste and low in sourness are only good for health. You may shock to hear that green chilies with their sharp and pungent taste are very good for your health. It protects your body from many diseases. Chilies have good nutritious value as it has 40 Kcal 2% Energy, Dietary Fiber 1.5 g 3%, Protein 1.87 g 3%, Total Fat 0.44 g 2%, carbohydrates 8.81 g 7% and Cholesterol 0 mg 0%.
- Green chilies (Eight to ten in number, medium in size)
- Onion (one, medium sized)
- Sesame seeds (one teaspoon)
- Coconut (quarter cup, dry)
- Coriander seeds (two teaspoon)
- Cumin seeds (one teaspoon)
- Peanuts (quarter cup)
- Ginger garlic paste (one teaspoon)
- Yogurt (half cup, fresh)
- Cream (one teaspoon, sour)
- Tamarind (one teaspoon, pulp or paste)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Coriander (for garnishing, fresh)
- Oil (for making the curry)
- Take a pan and roast cumin seeds, sesame seeds, peanuts and coriander seeds, put them aside when they are roasted. Mind it, that all these seeds must be dry.
- Chop the onion and sauté it in one teaspoon till it becomes transparent.
- Sauté coconut and grind onions, peanuts, coriander, sesame seeds, cumin seeds along with coconut.
- Pour the oil in the pan, slot the green chilies, fry them and put them aside. You should keep the flame slow or else your green chilies will burn.
- Now add the oil in the pan in which you have sauté the chilies. Put entire ground masala and sauté them in the same pan oil. After few seconds, add garlic-ginger paste and fry them too. Add tamarind in this infusion and fry them till it concentrates.
- When you get the desired concentration of masala, add sour cream and yogurt too in it. Stir it with ladle well to get the harmonious batter.
- To get desired consistency, you should add water into masala. Let it boil and after one boil slow down the flame. Turn off the flame when you feel that the masala has mixed up well and the required quantity of water is left in the curry.
Wash the coriander leaves, chop them and sprinkle them on the dish. The fresh leaves of coriander give matchless smell and taste.