Summer is up with all its hotness. People love to consume those meals which give them soothing effects. Soups are loved by everybody so why not to make such a soup for summer which contains cooling ingredients in it. Such a soup is present in Indian kitchens and that is milagu rasam. Having healthy spices, it is the most favorite summer meal which everybody loves to take. It contains such spices in it such as zeera which have cooling effects in it and thus, are quite nutritious to eat. So, make milagu rasam with an easy recipe which is written below and say good bye to hotness.
For making masala:
- Two teaspoons of cumin seeds (jeera)
- Two teaspoons of black pepper (kaali mirch)
- Two teaspoons of coriander seeds (sookha dhania)
- 2 tablespoons of toor daal (red gram daal)
- Two dried red chilies (kashmiri mirch)
Boil the toor daal. Add the boiled lentil, black pepper, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and red chilies in a food processor and grind by adding little amount of water to form a thick paste. Keep it aside when done.
- One big sized tomato
- Three to four curry leaves (kurry patta)
- Two cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- Salt as much liked
- Half teaspoon of haldi (turmeric powder)
- One pinch of heeng (asafetida)
- Half cup of tamarind pulp (imli ka gooda)
- Three tablespoons of oil
- Water as much required
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Heat the oil and add chopped garlic. When a fine aroma starts coming, add heeng and haldi and cook for a while. Then add curry leaves and tomato after cutting it into fine and thin cubes. Cook till tomatoes start softening and blending. Add tamarind pulp and as much water as much you want to make servings of the soup. Add the grinded masala and salt and let it cook for ten minutes. When everything gets incorporated, take the soup out in the serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Your delicious Milagu Rasam is ready!