The spices that are used in this dish has marvelous aroma that can be smell in the entire home while cooking. The use of vegetables makes this dish highly nutritious and healthy. If your kids do not like certain vegetables, you can add those vegetables into pulao, they would really eat them in pulao form. It is heavy food with good number of calories.
One serving of pulao recipe carries 6060 calories with 3232 fat calories. It has also Total Carbohydrates 6.0g6.0 2%2, Saturated Fat 0.5g0.5 3%3, Sodium 810mg810 34%34, Dietary Fiber 2.0g2.0 8%8, Protein 1.0g1.0, Total Fat 3.5g3.5 5%5, Sugars 2.0g2.0, Iron 10%10, Vitamin A 0%0, Calcium 6%6 and Vitamin C 0%0. All together this recipe is based on 2000 calorie diet.
- Basmati rice (four cups)
- Green peas (50 grams)
- Coconut milk (three cups)
- Beans (100 grams)
- Carrot (100 grams)
- Coriander leaves (one cup)
- Potato (medium sized, one in number)
- Mint leaves (half cup)
- Water (three cups)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Green chilies (8 -10 in number)
- Lemon juice (two tablespoons)
- Ginger-Garlic paste (two teaspoon)
- Cardamom (two in number)
- Bay leaf (10 in number)
- Fennel seeds (A pinch)
- Black cumin seeds (one teaspoon)
- Oil and ghee together (quarter cup)
- Mace flower (three in number)
- Cloves (ten in number)
- Onion (medium sized, one in number)
- Cinnamon (two inch piece)
- Garam masala (powdered, one teaspoon)
- Wash all the vegetables and let them dry.
- Cut beans, potatoes and carrots in small cubes and put aside. Do not cut green chilies rather slit them only form the middle.
- Take quarter cup of mint and half cup of coriander leaves, grind them and make paste of them. Put their mixture into some small bowl.
- Take the mentioned quantity of mace flower, saunf, cinnamom, shazeera, cardamom, cloves, mint leaves, and season them in pressure pan.
- Add sliced onion in these spices and fry them for few seconds.
- As the onion is fried, add all the chopped vegetables and fry them for 5-6 minutes.
- After five minutes, add also the coriander-mint and garlic-ginger paste. Stir the entire mixture for half minute.
- Drain the soaked rice and add into vegetable mixture to sauté it for two minutes. Keep on stirring the rice so they are not burnt while sautéing them.
- Now, add garam masala powder, water, lemon juice, milk and salt in it and lid it again. If you are using pressure cooker, do not take much time rather off the stove after its two whistles.
- Chop coriander leaves and garnish the rice with it.
Prepare raitha with yogurt and serve rice with it.