In Indian homes, there is so much variety available to cook in lentils that lentils are no more tasteless as compare to meat dishes. With a blend of simple ingredients, new exotic flavors are available to eat in lentils that no one can resist oneself from eating them. One out of such tempting lentils variety is daal dhokli. Dhokli are pancake-like breads which are mixed in tangy and spicy daal to form daal dhokli. This dish is a complete meal for whole family, which is to be served in lunch and dinner. Make it with the following stated easiest and tasty recipe.
For making Dhokli:Ingredients:
- One cup of whole wheat flour (gehoon aata)
- Quarter cup of Bengal gram flour (besan)
- One teaspoon of chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Half teaspoon of grounded cumin (jeera)
- Half teaspoon of grounded dry coriander (kuta dhania)
- One tablespoon of oil
Mix all the ingredients well and knead the in a soft dough. Make4 even sized balls, roll them into flat circles having medium thickness and cook them on hot pan until both sides turn light brown.
For making daal:Ingredients:
- 250 grams arhar ki daal
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2 large sized tomatoes
- Salt as per taste
- One teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Half teaspoon grounded cumin
- One teaspoon aamchoor (dried mango powder)
- Two to three green chilies
- Fresh coriander as much liked
Soak arhar daal in water for at least one hour. Fry sliced onions in the hot oil until they start turning brown. Add sliced tomatoes and fry until they start blending. Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin and amchoor and little water and fry until oil appears on surface. Now add arhar daal and 3 cups water and let it boil until daal gets tender. In the end, add green chilies and coriander.
Place the dhokli in a pan and top daal over it. Simmer it for few minutes and garnish with fresh coriander.