Biryani is loved by whole family whether young or old. There are many types of biryani which can be cooked, either with meat or vegetables. Both taste equally good and tempting. Hyderabadi vegetable biryani is known for its spicy and tangy taste. Cook it with the simplest recipe stated below and enjoy eating it with raita and pickles.
- Mixed vegetables (one small cauliflower, one carrot, one potato, half cup of peas, one spring onion, all cubed)
- One teaspoon ginger garlic paste (adrak lehsan paste)
- One big sized onion (thinly sliced)
- Salt as per taste
- One teaspoon red chilli powder
- Quarter teaspoon turmeric powder
- One cup yogurt
- 2 javatri (mace strands)
- 1 taiz paat (bay leaf)
- 4 cardamoms (ilaichi, 2 black and 2 green)
- Quarter cup oil
- Green chilies
- Fresh coriander leaves and fresh mint leaves
- Raisins and cashew nuts
Heat the oil and fry onions in it. Now add javatri, taiz paat and ilaichi and cook. Add little water and salt, red chilli and turmeric. Add spring onions and all the other vegetables after boiling. Cook them thoroughly. Now add green chilies, yogurt, raisins and cashew nuts and simmer until oil appears on the surface. Boil the rice separately. Add the rice over the vegetable mixture and top it with yellow food color, fresh coriander and mint leaves, cover the pan tightly and allow it cook for fifteen minutes on low flame. When done, mix the rice and vegetables well and take out in the serving dish.