Potatoes are loved by everyone and can be cooked in many styles. Punjabi styled potatoes are spicy and quite tangy and are made with quite simple ingredients. These potatoes carry thick gravy in them so they can be served with boiled rice. Raita and pickles will go well with dum aaloo.
- 250 grams baby potatoes
- Salt as per taste
- Two medium sized onions
- Half teaspoon all spices powder (garam masala powder)
- Quarter teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- Half teaspoon grounded coriander (kuta dhania)
- One teaspoon red chilli powder (laal mirch powder)
- One teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 125 grams tomatoes
- One cup yogurt
- Green chilies
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Quarter cup oil
Heat the oil and add sliced onions in it to fry until they turn transparent. Add tomatoes and fry them till they start blending. Boil potatoes separately and add in the tomatoes and all other ingredients except green chilies and coriander leaves. Cook them until oil appears on the surface. In the last, add green chilies and coriander leaves and serve to eat.