Another name of this recipe is chaat. You will find chaat stalls in almost every street of Mumbai city. Every stall owner adds different ingredients to show the specialty of his stall. Different masala and chutneys are added in it to bring the variation in the recipe. However, the common ingredients of this recipe are raw mango, sev, Papadis, onions, puffed rice and chutneys. If you do not like chutney taste, you can decrease its quantity and in opposite case you can increase it quantity. It should be eaten as you prepare it because the ingredients start leaving water. But, it is very interesting that you can store this delicious dish in your fridge.
Nutritious value of BhelPuri
This dish is highly nutritious as its one serving size contains 138.3 calories having Total Fat 6.6 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Saturated Fat 1.2 g, Potassium 173.3 mg, Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2g, Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.6 g and Sodium 175.0 mg.
Things that you need to make BhelPuri
- Puffed rice (four cups)
- Onions (half cup, medium sized, diced)
- Sev (one cup)
- Papadi (twenty in number)
- Black salt (one teaspoon)
- Potatoes (half cup, boiled and chopped)
- Lemon juice (half tablespoon)
- Garlic chutney (fresh, two teaspoon)
- khajurimliki chutney (eight tablespoon)
- Green Chutney (tablespoon)
- Salt (to taste)
- Papadis (eight in number, crushed)
- Mango (raw, finely diced, one tablespoon)
- Sev (four tablespoon)
- Coriander (two tablespoon, diced)
- Chop the onions in thin slices, wash them and put them aside.
- Wash the potatoes, and put them in hot boiling water without peeling. Let them boil for at least 10-15 minutes. Drain the water and peel them. Chop them in small pieces and put them aside.
- Take a mongo that is not too much ripen and could facilitate you to chop it easily in pieces. For this purpose, you can put it in freezer and then hard form of it give you chance to cut it in cubes or small pieces.
- Take coriander leaves, chop them and wash them. Put mango and coriander leaves aside as they are for garnishing.
- Now take a bowl with sufficient capacity and add all the ingredients that are mentioned for making bhelpuri. Blend all the ingredients with big spoon. Mind it, blending should be mild.
- Take all the things that you have to garnish the dish, combine them and put them over the bowl in which you have blend bhelpuri ingredients.
- You can serve it right after the preparation and can also freeze it for few hours.