Murukku recipe is one of these dishes that are frequently cooked and presented on different celebrations. Its unique shape and design gains the attention of eaters who cannot stop themselves to taste it at least once. If ever you have tasted it but do not know how to cook it, here is a recipe for you. Go for it and enjoy it again instead of waiting for such celebration that offers to relish murukku.
Murukku is an Indian recipe that takes few minutes to ready. However, it demands skill to maintain its shape.
- Rice flour (two cups)
- Asafoetida (quarter or half teaspoon)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Butter (melted, two teaspoon)
- Urad pulse flour (two teaspoon)
- Take a large bowl and combine together all the ingredients.
- Pour water with one hand and knead the flour with other hand to get hard dough.
- To prepare Murukku, you will have to use maker and you can use different plates like you have an option to use three star plates or one star plate.
- Suppose, if you choose one star plate, you should fix it in the maker. Cover the counter with some wet cloth. You can also use oil smeared plastic sheet. Put the little amount of dough inside the marker with narrow hole.
- You need the mould to press that dough so put it using the hole on top.
- When you force the dough on cloth or plastic paper, you will find that its shape has become like a star. If you rotate your maker, you will get nice round shape of dough that you need.
- Maker provides you chance to make as many coils as you can.
- Take a pan and heat oil. Lift up the shaped dough from greased paper and put into the oil. You need to be little bit skillful while dropping the dough to maintain its shape. If you are a beginner, you may destroy its shape. However, there is nothing to be worried about as it demands practice and you will surely gain skill with practice.
- In the very beginning, you should go for one star however gradually you can try with three or even five star. After practice, hopefully you will go through it.
- Saute these coils till they become of golden brown color. Take them out on paper towel so that the extra oil is absorbed.
- Serve them hot with tea.