Garam masala which is also called all spices powder, gives life and finishing touch to all dishes, whether appetizers or soups or salads or main courses. This masala is the origination of Mughal kitchens and its little quantity is much for one dish. You can make it in lump sum amount at one time and can store it for longer period in an airtight container.
- One teaspoon nutmeg (jaiphil, grated)
- One teaspoon cloves
- One stick of cinnamon
- Four teaspoon whole black peppers
- Four teaspoons cardamom seeds (ilaichi dana)
- Four teaspoons dry coriander seeds
- Four teaspoons whole cumin seeds
Roast all spices individually over a hot pan till they start changing their color. Grind all together to make a fine powder. Garam masala powder is ready to use.