Goan cuisine consists of those ingredients which represents beach and water life such as fish, rice and coconut as it is the origination of Goa, an Indian coast. Goan fish curry is very famous for its tempting taste and aroma. Goan cuisine is not complete with the delicious goan fish curry which is served with fine red color and striking spices. Try it and enjoy it at dinner or lunch.
- One Pomfret or King Fish (cut into pieces)
- Salt as per taste
- Two green chilies
- Half teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- Half teaspoon haldi (turmeric)
- One teaspoon aamchoor (raw mango powder)
- Quarter teaspoon methi daana (fenugreek seeds)
- One teaspoon coriander seeds (kuta dhania)
- One teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- One teaspoon desiccated coconut
- Six round red chilies (kasmiri mirch)
- Quarter cup oil
- One onion (finely chopped)
Grind all the dry spices together with little water to form a thick and fine paste. Heat the oil and fry onions till they turn brown. Add the grinded mixture and a cup of water and cook till oil appears on the surface. Then add fish pieces together with one more cup of water and cook it by covering the pan. When gravy gets thick, add green chilies and serve hot with boiled rice.