It has very good nutritious value as it is very low in fat however has a high calorie of vitamin C, folate, dietary fiber and water. It has also many photochemical that are very good for human health. It has many health benefits as it fights against cancer. It also helps a lot in DNA repair.
Cauliflower must not be boiled for a long time as the length of boiling time increases the chance of losing these entire components that act against cancer disease.
- Potatoes (three medium sized)
- Cauliflower (one medium sized)
- Fenugreek seeds (almost fifteen seeds)
- Oil (five tablespoons)
- Cumin seed (half teaspoon)
- Black mustard seeds (half teaspoon)
- Red chili (two in number and crudely chopped)
- Onion (one medium sized, coarsely diced)
- Coriander (one tablespoon, diced and fresh)
- Green chili (one in number)
- Turmeric (half teaspoon, ground)
- Salt (one and a half teaspoon)
- Cumin (half teaspoon, ground)
- Coriander (one teaspoon, ground)
- Wash potatoes and put them in boiling water to boil well. You should not remove their skin before boiling. When they are boiled, turn off the stove and let them cool down.
- Remove the potatoes 'skin and divide them in square pieces. Put these pieces aside.
- Before cooking cauliflower, separate the flowers from the stems and peel off the stem. Remove the green leaves from the flower. You can cut flower into small pieces or can also separate each complete flower from main stem. One more important thing is that in India and Pakistan the best cauliflowers are available in December. In this season, it gives its best taste.
- Cut cauliflower, wash it and put it for two minutes in boiling water. However, do not give more boiling time to it as it will become too tender but you need hard flowers of cauliflower.
- Turn on flame, put frying pan over it and heat oil in it.
- Slow down heat as the oil becomes hot. Add mustard seeds and let them pop up then add red chili, fenugreek leaves and cumin seeds in it.
- Now add chopped onions along with green chilies. Stir them with ladle and let them sauté till they change their color and become of golden brown color. It will take ten to twelve sautéing minutes.
- Add the floret of cauliflower and mix them with this masala that you have prepared in frying pan. Slow down the flame, lid the pan and let it cook for eight minutes.
- After ten minutes, add also potatoes, salt and all other dry spices. Potatoes are boiled so stir the mixture gently. Cover the pan and let vegetables cook for ten minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped coriander leaves and remove from the flame.
- Serve it hot with roti or plain rice.