You may use the mixture of different vegetables or may use all vegetables separately like chana dal paratha, mooli paratha, pyaaz paratha, goobhi paratha, aloo paratha etc. it is really a heavy diet as a lot of ghee is used to make them. In distinctive rural areas of the Punjab, butter is considered as an essential part of paratha serving. People use spoonsful of white lard or butter with paratha. In India butter is called as Makhan that is home made product.
Its serving size is one piece. The total number of calories carried by one single paratha is 265. The calories obtained from fats are 81. The nutritious values of aloo paratha in grams and milligrams are: Sugars 1g, Protein 5g, Total Carbohydrate 41g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Total Fat 9g, Cholesterol 0mg, Saturated Fat 4g and Sodium 921mg.
The percentage values of health nutrients are: Protein 10%, Total Carbohydrate 13%, Dietary Fiber 12%, Total Fat 13%, Cholesterol 0%, Saturated Fat 20% and Sodium 38%.
The estimated percentage of calories from proteins, carbs and fats are 7.5%, 61.9% and 30.6% respectively.
Ingredients for Aloo Paratha Recipe
- Potatoes smashed and boiled ( 2-3 of medium size)
- finely chopped green chili ( one)
- finely chopped onion (one of small size and it is optional)
- chili powder ( half table spoon and it is also optional)
- garam masala powder (Half table spoon)
- Finely chopped corainder leaves ( a few only and it is also optional)
- dry mango powder/ amchur ( one table spoon)
- white butter
- whole wheat flour ( to make dough for paranthas, chappatis or rotis)
- The first step is to boil the potatoes and then peels them off.
- Mash the boiled and peeled potatoes.
- Now add salt, green chilies and all the other spices.
- Mix all the spices well.
- Put mashed potatoes aside and make dough from wheat flour.
- Sprinkle some wheat flour on the board where you are to roll it.
- Make two balls of dough of normal size and roll them on the sprinkled flour board.
- Roll the balls in circular shape.
- Now take some mixture of potatoes and apply it on all over the rolled dough.
- Then put the other piece of rolled dough exactly on the first one.
- Join the corners of both circular rolled dough so that the potato mixture may not come out. It is also necessary to bind them firmly.
- Now it is ready for frying as simple parathas are fried.
- Serve it hot and enjoy it.
- It gives great taste with mango pickle and butter.