If one bowl has 10oz serving size, it contains 258 calories and 108 fat calories. This recipe has Total Fat 12g 18%, Cholesterol 0mg 0%, Dietary Fiber 4g 16%, Trans Fat 0g, Saturated Fat 7g 35%, Sugars 2g, Sodium 425mg 18%, Protein 9g, Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%, Iron 24%, Vitamin A 20%, Calcium 9% and Vitamin C 18%.
You should first prepare dal then batti. Here are recipes for both things.
Recipe for Dal
- Green Gram (50gram)
- Black Gram (50gram)
- Masur Dal (50gram)
- Bengal Gram (50gram)
- Red Gram (50gram)
- Onions (one in number, diced)
- Desi Ghee (four tablespoon)
- Cumin Seeds (half teaspoon)
- Cloves (four in number)
- Hing (one pinch)
- Red Chili Powder (one teaspoon)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (two teaspoon)
- Tomatoes (two in number, diced)
- Turmeric Powder (half teaspoon)
- Green Coriander (one handful pile, diced)
- Green Chilies (one teaspoon, diced)
- Ginger (two teaspoon)
- Salt (for taste)
- Water (one and half cup)
- Wash all the pulses separately, mix them and then dip them into water for 25-30 minutes.
- Put all the pulses in cooking pot with turmeric powder, salt, water and pressure cooker them. After the two whistles of cooker, slow down the flam and let it cook for half and hour.
- Take a separate pan, add cloves, hing, cumin seeds and sauté them with medium flame. Put finely diced onions, sauté them, add chili powder and garlic-ginger paste and let them sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, green chilies and sauté till infusion leaves the oil. Pour this sauce into boiled pulses and cook further for 5-6 minutes. Use chopped coriander leaves for garnishing dal.
- Maida (half kg, filtered flour)
- Ginger Garlic (two tablespoon)
- Desi Ghee (two cups)
- Green Chillies (three, grounded)
- Salt (for taste)
- In a large bowl put flour, paste of green chilies, salt, garlic-ginger paste and almost four tablespoon of pure ghee. Knead it with one hand and pour water with other to get smooth dough.
- Divide the entire dough into balls.
- Heat oven at 350 degree, put dough balls in greased tray and place in the oven. Bake one side for ten minutes, change the side and let other side take ten minutes too. Their light brown color with cracks show that they are ready.
- Remove them from tray and coat pure ghee. Serve it with dal.