The serving size of this arbi recipe is six pieces or 125 grams. It contains 194 calories. The total amount calories carried by fats is 47.7. The nutritious values in grams and milligrams are: protein 2.6g, Sugars 0.7g, Dietary Fiber 6.1g, Total Carbohydrate 35g, Sodium 1mg, Total Fat 5.3g, Saturated Fat 0.6g and Cholesterol 0mg.
The percentage values of the calories carried by the nutrients are: protein 5%, Dietary Fiber 24%, Total Carbohydrate 11%, Sodium 0%, Total Fat 8%, Saturated Fat 3% and Cholesterol 0%.
The estimated percentage of calories from Protein, Carbs and Fats are 5.2%, 70.7% and 24.1%.
- Arbi of medium size (250 grams)
- Oil (three table spoons)
- Red chilipowder (half table spoon)
- Lemon juice ( half table spoon)
- Ajwain (half table spoon)
- Gram flour or besan ( two table spoons )
- Chopped Onion (one)
- Salt(half teaspoon)
- Coriander (one tablespoon, diced)
- Garam masala (quarter teaspoon)
- Green chili (one, diced)
- Garlic (half teaspoon, paste)
- Cloves (two in number)
- Tomatoes (250 grams, diced)
- Ginger (teaspoon, paste)
- Green cardamom (one in number)
- Honey (one teaspoon)
- Salt (for taste)
- Butter (two tablespoon)
- Methi (one tablespoon)
- Pour three cups water in pressure cooker, put arbi in it and cover its lid. Put off the stove after one whistle. Leave it for 3minutes. Take off the pot, let it cool down and then drain the water.
- For preparing the sauce, put garlic-ginger paste, clove, cardamom, green chili and red chili in cooking pot.
- Let the entire ingredients boil, lid it, cook it for making the sauce thick then remove the pot from the stove.
- Mix it in a blender and drain into another pan.
- Add honey, salt, butter and leave it on flame. Let it boil first then leave it on fire for 2-3 minutes. Your sauce is ready so keep it aside.
- Turn your attention now towards arbi. You should now peel it and cut flat pieces of it. Sprinkle dry besan, salt and red chili over the cut pieces of arbi. The sprinkled spices and besan coat only one side so change the side of arbi and coat also other side. If you toss the arbi after coating one side, it can also coat the other side.
- Pour oil on tawa, heat it on medium flame and golden the arbi over it.
- When arbi is fried, remove it and using the same oil addonions, ajwain, green chiles, ginger and fry them for three to four minutes.
- Now add coriander, salt, red chili and sauté for two minutes. Add sauce that you have already prepared and coat arbi with it.
- Sprikle coriander, garam masala and squeeze lemon juice.
- Serve it hot.