Dum aloo is one of the famous variation recipes of potatoes in India. It is basically a Kashmiri dish that is liked in throughout the India. It is very delicious and spicy dish. You can make this dish with even low budget. It is mostly relished with rice and home bread. Potatoes have good number of calories that are good for small growing children and for those who want to increase their weight. You can include it in the diet of small children of six months. Boiled potato coated with butter is very beneficial for your small baby.
One dish of dum aloo has 300 calories with 144.0calories from fat. This dish has Protein 8g
16%, Total Carbohydrate 32g 10%, Total Fat 16g24%, Sodium 560mg 23%, Saturated Fat 6g30%, Sugars 4g, Dietary Fiber 4g 16%, Cholesterol 30mg10%, Protein 10.5%, Fat47.4% and Carbs42.1%.
Things you need
- Small baby potatoes (1 kg)
- Tomatoes(4 in number)
- Green chilies (paste of 4 chilies of medium size)
- Red chili (2 teaspoon, powdered)
- Turmeric (1 teaspoon, powdered)
- Asafoetida (A pinch)
- Yogurt (half cup)
- Gram masala (one teaspoon, powdered)
- Black pepper (half teaspoon, powdered)
- ginger (half teaspoon, paste)
- Garlic (half teaspoon, paste)
- Onion (half cup, paste)
- Poppy seeds (half teaspoon)
- Cumin seeds (half teaspoon)
- Milk (half cup)
- Coriander leaves (1 teaspoon, fresh chopped)
- Bay leaves (one in number)
- Coriander seeds (one teaspoon)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetableoil (one cup)
- Wash potatoes, let them dry, peel them and cut in pieces.
- Take large frying pan, heat oil in it and put potatoes in it. Saute potatoes keeping the flame medium till the time they become of golden brown color. Then, take them out in some dish.
- Use the same oil and pan for sautéing garlic ginger paste, cumin seeds, poppy seeds, bay leaves and coriander seeds.
- After 3 minutes, add onion paste, chili powder, black pepper powder, yogurt, salt, green chili paste and diced tomatoes in the pan. Keep sautéing for 5-6 minutes. Sautéing should be done on low fire so that masala do not burn. Your masala will be ready when the entire paste will leave the oil.
- Now put the potatoes that you have already fried, milk, gram masala powder, water and let it simmer till they become soft and water is dried. If you like gravy, does not let water to dry much rather off the stove when required water is dried.
- At the end, sprinkle diced coriander leaves and let it simmer for 2minutes only keeping the flame slow. Turn off the stove and your dish is ready.
- Enjoy it with home bread or rice.