The meal of palak paneer with 283.0 g serving size has 270270calorieswith 8282calories from Fat. It has Saturated Fat 2.5g2.5 (13%13), Cholesterol 5mg5(2%2), Total Fat9.1g9.1 (14%14), Dietary Fiber 5.1g5.1 (20%20), Trans Fat0.0g0.0, Protein 9.9g9.9, Sodium680mg680(28%28), Sugars 5.1g5.1, Total Carbohydrates37.9g37.9(13%13), Iron 16%, Vitamin A (50%50), Calcium (15%15) and Vitamin C (25%25).
- English spinach (two bunches)
- Vegetable oil (two tablespoon)
- Cumin seeds (one teaspoon)
- Ginger (two cm piece, grounded)
- Garlic (six cloves, grounded)
- Onion (one medium sized, diced)
- Tomatoes(200 gram, diced)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cheese (225gram, cubed)
- Fenugreek leaves (one tablespoon, dried)
- Garam masala (a Pinch)
- Cream (one tablespoon, condensed)
- Spinach leaves that you buy from the hawker has mud on it so they need proper washing or else after cooking they will give muddy taste. Separate healthy and fresh leaves from rotten and pale leaves. Now pluck the leaves only leaving the stem down.
- Wash the leaves then put them into boiling water for 2-4 minutes. Take them out and bathe them with fresh cold water. Squeeze extra water and crush all these leaves finely.
- Take a pan that has heavy bottom, pour oil in it and heat it. As the oil heats, add onions, cumin seeds, garlic, ginger and sauté them till they turn into golden brown color. Slow down the flame while you are sautéing the paste. If you keep on dripping the water in drops while sautéing, you can mix it up properly and can get smooth paste.
- Add chopped tomatoes, stir it and crush with ladle to make very smooth paste. Ladle also spinach puree then add salt to season it. Put the cubes of cheese.
- To give the final touch, add cream, garam masala and fenugreek leaves.
- 6.Serve the dish hot.
- Do not add rotten leaves.
- Wash the spinach leaves properly.
- If you use the cheese that you have made at home, it will give more delicious taste.
- Spinach can be used frozen as well as fresh.
- You can use canned tomatoes as well.
- Cheese has a salty taste so avoid adding salt in tablespoons or teaspoon.
- Avoid putting fresh leaves in boiling water more than three minutes.
- Occasionally ladle the spinach puree so that it does not stick with the bottom of the pan. Let the spinach cook on low flame.