Snake gourd is a green vegetable, part of gourd family, with the exception of its shape and that is curvy and twisty like snake’s body. That is why this vegetable is named as snake or serpent gourd. Down is the recipe of making spicy and delicious snake gourd which certainly a mouthwatering addition in your cook books.
- Two big sized snake gourds
- One medium sized onion (thinly sliced)
- Half teaspoon rai (mustard seeds)
- 3 to 4 curry leaves (kurry patta)
- Salt as per taste
- Quarter teaspoon turmeric
- Half teaspoon red chilli powder (laal mirch powder)
- Half teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- Green chilies
- Coriander leaves
- Quarter cup oil
Heat the oil and fry the mustard seeds and kurry patta until they start cracking. Then fry onions until they become transparent. Cut the snake gourd in cube shapes and cook them until they become tender. Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric and cumin seeds and cook well. In the last, add green chilies and coriander leaves and take out for serving.